CPD Presentations from Gripsure
CPD is an invaluable contribution towards development, endless innovation, and maintenance of the highest standards. Our CPD presentations provide key knowledge and understanding of various decking types, as well as developing a confidence in specifying Gripsure products.
Gripsure offer a CPD on specifying timber decking, lasting for around half an hour with questions being welcomed throughout this interactive session. A range of samples will accompany the presentation ranging from natural and modified timber to composite boards demonstrating the different features and benefits of the products available on the market.
Gripsure’s CPD presentation is applicable to a number of core RIBA curriculum topic areas and addresses a range of design considerations for specifying deck boards including:
- Types of timber and their performance: softwood, hardwoods, modified timbers and composites
- Applications: balcony and roof terraces, boardwalks, visitor attractions, marinas, schools, extra care schemes
- Treatment: preservative and fire
- Current fire regulations
- Slip Resistance / Slip hazards, HSE accident statistics and all year-round usage
- Certification Schemes: FSC® & PEFC®
- Part M of the Building regulations: access to and use of buildings
- Installation, span tables & maintenance
If you would like to discuss booking a CPD from Gripsure, please contact Tom Anderson firstname.lastname@example.org with the dates that you have available and we would be delighted to arrange an online presentation for your practice.
If you have any specific topics or questions regarding decking you would like us to cover in the CPD please let us know in advance and we will endeavour to cover them. After the presentation, there will also be the opportunity to discuss projects or points from the presentation with the presenter in more detail.