Ensure your decking gets off to a flying start with our Getting Started guidance.
Before you Start
Whether it’s for entertaining or relaxing, installing decking is a great way to make the most of your outdoor space. Our Help and Advice pages offer guidance for building a single level deck, which is relatively straightforward to plan and build.
Whilst our team are always at the end of the phone to offer help and support, Gripsure do not provide installation services so, for more complex decking designs we recommend seeking professional advice.
First and foremost, in order to make sure your decking project gets off on the right foot, we need to cover some important key factors…
What You’ll Need
- Deck boards
- Decking screws
- Combi drill
- Twist and flat wood drill bits
- We always recommend carrying out any decking project with the help and assistance of a friend
- If securing your decking with footings, make sure there are no cables or pipes underneath where you want to dig
- Rent a cable avoidance tool (CAT) to check for any pipes or cables beneath the proposed decking area
- Always wear protective safety equipment when necessary
here are many different ways of setting the subframe to the ground. This will vary depending on the substrate type, the load going onto the deck, height of the deck, and environmental conditions. The design of the subframe will also vary depending on the end use of the decking.
For guidance on the design and securing of a subframe please refer to the TDCA’s Timber Decking manual.